3.09.2013

the real world | episode 1

For someone who stopped using microwaves because I convinced myself that they are machines designed to kill me and my family...it's tough to read articles like this.

QSA: Harmful air particles continue to surpass acceptable limits in Qatar

Cliche as it may be... I have decided to dedicate this post to Dr. Seuss. It is his birth month, afterall. All I can think about is the story of The Lorax when I read about air quality in Doha. Gone are my days of running outside. At least until July. I feel like a Swomee Swan. Oh...Doha. I get it. I get that you want to build a big, fantastic, breathtaking (literally) city. I get that you want to show off your best for the World Cup. But I was born and raised in the green of Oregon and this toxic air hurts my soul.



Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
~ Dr. Seuss